Theatre Practitioner Required in Cardiff
We are currently seeking dedicated and professional Scrub nurses or ODP's for a leading provider of Healthcare in South Wales As a registered Theatre practitioner, you’ll deliver high-quality clinical patient care through assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of care.
Working amongst some of the best practitioners in UK, you will deliver high-quality patient Care which is clinically effective, evidence-based and appropriate. Supervising junior/clinical support staff, you will lead by example and provide clinical competency assessments within your own qualifications and remit.
As a theatre practitioner you will also be responsible for:
- The administration of medicines in accordance with NMC/HCPC guidelines, and organisational policies and procedures.
- Participating in the on call rota for the department to ensure adequate cover is provided.
- Providing skilled assistance to the Surgeons
- Ensuring that the daily surgical list run smoothly and efficiently
Requirements for candidates considerating applying for the Theatre Practitioner role:
- Registered practitioner with the appropriate governing body NMC/HCPC (Essential)
- Qualifications applicable to the registration requirements (Essential)
- Immediate / Advanced Life Support (ILS / ALS) (desirable)
- Previous Knowledge, Skills and / or Experience
- Experience gained through the formal training required to meet registration requirements (Essential)
- Experience in working within Theatres (Essential) Core Competencies Customer Focus - Proactively identifies the needs and expectations of customers and strives to meet these.
Other Key skills of the Theatre Practitioner
- Builds positive relationships with customers
- Always considers the impact on all customers when making decisions Self-Development and the Development of Others - Proactively committed to developing own personal skills, knowledge and behaviours.
- Supports others in their development.
- Monitors own performance and seek feedback from colleagues and customers
- Maintains up-to-date records of own development activities in line with business/professional requirements
- Demonstrates high standards of integrity and honesty Understanding and Improving the Business -Ensure own work meets the required standards, encourages the same in others and proactively identifies improvement opportunities.
Benefits for the Successful Theatre practitioner
- Generous salary
- Private health insurance
- Free Parking
- Free Gym Membership
- Professional and personal development plans
This position also comes with a sign on bonus which consists of £250 on starting the position and £250 when completing 3 months.